This is the recipe for the absolute best chocolate chip banana bread. It is moist and soft inside, crispy on the outside and tastes simply amazing.
The banana bread goes just as well with breakfast as with your afternoon coffee or as a snack in between. It can be ideally packed and enjoyed on the go.
The number of recipes for banana bread on the internet is probably already in the five-digit range. However, you should definitely NOT miss out on this recipe! I can’t count how many times I have baked it already.
I know that there are many great banana bread lovers among you. The recipe for my blueberry banana bread is one of the most popular here! 🙂
Reason enough to add a second one!
That is why you will LOVEEE it:
- This chocolate chip banana bread is crispy on the outside and moist and soft on the inside.
- It is ideal for using up ripe, brown-spotted bananas.
- The almond butter not only ensures a delicious, nutty taste, but also makes the banana bread extra moist.
- The banana bread tastes great at any time of day. Or night. You will wanna eat it for breakfast, lunch, dessert, snack,…
- It can easily be frozen (in portions) and defrosted as required.
- It is made in no time and without any effort.
- Your home will smell wonderfully of bananas, cinnamon and brown sugar. This smell, guys. It’s priceless!
tips and tricks:
- Ripe bananas are essential. As in- they are a MUST. They are perfect when they have brown spots on the peel. It is at this stage that they are at their sweetest and also the best to puree.
- You can mash the bananas finely with a fork or put them in a blender and puree them.
- Instead of almond butter you can also use hazelnut or cashew butter.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips at hand, you can also chop a bar of your favorite chocolate into small pieces.
- The chocolate chip banana bread tastes best fresh when it is still warm and crispy on the outside.
- If you freeze it, it is best to do this the same day. This way you will have the best result after defrosting. I always cut it into slices and put small paper “spacers” in between. That way I can defrost it in portions.
I can’t wait to hear if you like this chocolate chip banana bread just as much as I do! Comment, send me an e-mail or say hi on instagram.