Super simple, soft and insanely delicious – sweet curd dumplings with toasted nut crumbs and warm berries are a perfect dessert on cold winter days.
The mixture for this delicious dessert is stirred together faster than you can pronounce sweet curd dumplings with toasted nut crumbs and warm berries. Ok that joke was the opposite of funny. But true.
That’s how easy and quick they are to prepare:
- You need only ONE bowl in which you put all the ingredients and mix them with a whisk or a fork.
- This mixture must then be left in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After that, cut out dumplings with a tablespoon and let them simmer in salted water for 10 minutes. Make sure that the water does not boil. That would be too hot and wild for the dumplings.
- While the dough is in the fridge, prepare the nut crumbs and the berries.
To make the nut crumbs, add breadcrumbs, grated nuts, brown sugar and butter to a skillet and toast over medium heat until golden brown. The smell in the air. Guysss. It’s SO good!!
Here are my tips for making the PERFECT nut crumbs:
- Most importantly, do not toast them too hot! They burn incredibly quickly. Medium heat is best.
- Stir them constantly. That way everything will brown and crisp evenly.
- Don’t skimp on the butter. It is not only a flavor carrier, but also ensures that the crumbs become nice and crispy.
The sweet curd dumplings with toasted nut crumbs and warm berries are ideal for preparation!
- The mass of dumplings can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance and chill in the refrigerator.
- You can toast the crumbs in advance. Before serving, you only need to warm them up in a pan.
- The berries are made in no time at all anyways. 🙂
It is really easy to make these dumplings and they are incredibly good!
You don’t have berries at home? No problem! How about this:
- roasted plums or apricots
- Fruit compote
- Chocolate Spread