These sweet brioche Santas are the cutest guests on the breakfast table. They are soft, lightly sweet and made very simply. Enjoy them yourself or make your loved ones a sweet, personalized Christmas greeting.
Say hello-ho-ho to to these sweet brioche Santas. Not only do they look adorable, but they have so much more to offer!
- They are soft and fluffy.
- Both the preparation of the dough and the making of the Santas is quite easy.
- The brioche santas make a perfect gift for your loved ones.
Here’s how it works:
- Put the dough on a lightly floured work surface and divide into 6 equal parts. 4 triangles and 2 squares are best. Try to knead or press the dough as little as possible, so that the air stays inside.
2. Cut 3 strips from each of the squares. 2 of them are the edges for the hats. One strip is quartered and rolled into balls. These are the noses and pom-poms of the hats.
Roll out the triangles to about 1.5 centimeter thick. Roll out the squares into ovals about 8 mm thick. Roll out the stripes also about 8 mm thick.
3. Cut the ovals in half. Glue to the bottom of the triangles with egg and milk mixture. This is the beard of the Santas.
4. Brush the upper part of the triangles with a mixture of water and red food coloring. Leave about 2-3 cm gap in the middle for Santa’s face.
5. Brush the beard part, the stripes and one ball each with egg-milk mixture and sprinkle with hail sugar. Glue to Santa with the egg wash.
Brush the remaining balls red and glue them in the center with the egg wash as a nose.
6. Let the sweet brioche Santas rise for the time of preheating the oven (about 10 minutes). Then bake at 190°C top/bottom heat for about 15 minutes until they have lightly colored. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
The preparation is really simple and reallyyy fun. You can also add eyes with raisins if you want. The eyes of my Santas hid behind the hats.
I wish you a wonderful rest of Advent and lots of fun with baking these cuties!
Here’s more Christmas recipes for you: