A summer salad with melon, feta and crispy ciabatta is perfect for hot, sunny days. It is not only refreshingly delicious, but also quickly made and full of good ingredients.
This yummy summer salad with melon is an ingenious change from the classic salads. It is basically a dessert disguised as a salad, so you can eat a large portion as a main course. 😉
The crispy fried ciabatta makes for a great crunch, which goes wonderfully with the juicy fruits and the creamy feta.
How about more recipe inspiration for this beautiful summer?
Beetroot Hummus Sandwich with Pear
Papaya Burger with Crispy Sesame Tofu and Herb Pesto
For this recipe I got inspired by Tieghan from Half Baked Harvest! I can highly recommend her beautiful, BEAUTIFUL blog and mouthwatering recipes!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh pepper
- 10 leaves basil
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 4 tbsp heat-resistant oil
- Cut the ciabatta into approx. 1 x 1 inch cubes. Heat a pan. Add 4 tablespoons of heat-resistant oil. Fry the bread cubes on all sides until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat, pour the cubes into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the watermelon into slices about 3/4-1 inch thick, remove the peel and chop coarsely. Place in a large bowl. Wash the strawberries, remove the green and halve or quarter them, depending on the size of the berries. Wash the cherries, remove the stalks, cut in half and remove the stone. Add strawberries and cherries to the watermelon.
- Wash the lemon hot, dry and finely grate the peel. Squeeze out the juice. Finely chop the basil.
- Add maple syrup (or honey), lemon juice, half the lemon peel, basil, pepper and olive oil to a cup and stir until combined. Empty the dressing over the fruit and mix carefully.
- Divide the salad into plates. Crumble some feta over it and serve with the crispy ciabatta. Enjoy immediately.