This no fuss poppy seed sour cream cake is prepared in no time and is insanely moist and delicious.
You don’t need many ingredients, time or equipment for this cake. It’s the perfect last-minute dessert and ideal for spontaneous, uncomplicated baking.
I loveee poppy seeds in desserts. And I love simple, straightforward recipes like this. I can still remember that we used to make “cup” cakes at home all the time. So us kids could bake our own desserts pretty soon. 🙂
It’s not really a thing here in Austria to use cups. Our recipes are all about milliliters and grams. This cake is the “american” way of baking and I love the simplicity of it.
All you need for the preparation of this no fuss poppy seed sour cream cake:
- A measuring cup of about 240 ml
- A large mixing bowl
- A whisk
- A cake pan (approx. ø 20 cm)
You see, it’s not only easy to make, you also have almost no work with the dishes after! YAY!
That’s how easy this no fuss poppy seed sour cream cake is made:
- Measure out the dry ingredients with the cup and then mix them together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
- Use a whisk to mix everything into a smooth batter.
- Aaaand that’s it already, ladies and gentlemen! The dough is now poured into a cake tin and baked for about 40 minutes.
Pretty simple, isn’t it?
The cake can be served plain as it is (which is really, really good already) or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
ORRR you can top it with a sugar-lemon glaze after it has cooled down. It fits perfectly with the ingredients in the cake and makes it a bit fancier.
If you want to decorate the glazed cake with fresh lemon slices, do it just before serving. The fresh lemons make the glaze kinda liquid again.
I would love to hear if you have made this or any other recipe! Send me an email, comment under the recipe or visit me on INSTAGRAM!