This no-churn ricotta raspberry chocolate chip ice cream is fruity, fresh, creamy and doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
The perfect treat on a hot summer day! You will LOVE IT!
Ice cream belongs to summer like the sun in the blue sky. I love it in all variations and at any time of the day.
My morning usually doesn’t start with vanilla ice cream, but I’d be lying if I said I’ve never had a bowl of gelato for breakfast.
I’m warning you- knowing that you have that ricotta raspberry chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer tests your willpower on a new level.
The recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and is prepared within 5 minutes!
Easy peasy, creamy and so incredibly delicious!
Ok, ok. Let me explain you how easy this ricotta raspberry chocolate chip ice cream is made:
Step 1: Whip the cream. Easy.
Step 2: Mix the ricotta, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl until creamy. Easyyyy.
Step 3: Fold the whipped cream, raspberries and chocolate chips into the ricotta mixture. Right. So easy.
Step 4: Pour the cream into a mould and freeze.
Step 5: NOW it gets difficult. You need to WAIT.
After 5-6 hours it is frozen though and you can finally eat it!
This recipe is already bullet proof, but with these tips and tricks it gets even better:
- Use only cold cream, straight from the fridge. Cold, it is easier to whip airy and light and therefore provides a nice ice cream consistency.
- You can use frozen or fresh raspberries. Just keep in mind that frozen fruits are heavier, means they tend to sink to the bottom of the cream. Fresh berries spread better in the mass.
- Whether you use sheep’s or cow’s milk ricotta is up to you. I definitely prefer the one made from cow’s milk, as it has a milder, less dominant flavor.
- Use your favorite chocolate chips. I prefer dark and white chocolate mixed. But you can go wild and use whatever you feel like.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer about 10 minutes before eating. This way it thaws a little and can be easily portioned.
As you can see, this no-churn ricotta raspberry chocolate ice cream is made so easily and tastes simply delicious.
If you try this or any other recipe, I would love to hear from you! 🙂
In the mood for summer recipes? Then have a look at these recipes: