This moist pumpkin cake with cinnamon frosting is simply a delight. It is super moist but still very soft. It tastes like brown sugar, pumpkin and cinnamon. And the frosting adds a delicious creaminess to it. YUM.
What’s the first thing you think of when you hear the word FALL? Most probably coloured leaves, chestnuts and golden forests. Autumn is such a feast for the eyes.
From the taste point of view it has a lot to offer, too.
I love the lightness of summer but I’m really looking forward to the intensity of autumn now. Cinnamon, apples, plums, warming porridges, turmeric lattes, spices, pumpkin. PUMPKIN!
I grew up in a family that’s all pumpkin fans. My mom even won second prize in a pumpkin competition for the biggest model many years ago. That was a thing.
We love pumpkin apple jam, oven baked pumpkin, pumpkin soups (especially THIS ONE here), pumpkin cookies, pumpkin tarts and of course this wonderful moist pumpkin cake with cinnamon frosting.
Yeah, it is as moist as it looks.
And SOOOO good. The grated pumpkin gives it that really nice texture.
Of course, spices also play a significant role in the fact that this recipe: cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom in the dough and cinnamon on the frosting.
I highly recommend to use brown sugar. The caramel-y flavor is the perfect with for this pumpkin cake with all it’s warming spices.
Can we please talk about this frosting for a second? I know. It’s “only” simple whipped cream. Without sugar or anything. But if you eat it together with the sweet, soft, juicy cake you will never want to eat a cake like this without it. It’s such a delicious combo of flavors and textures.
This moist pumpkin cake with cinnamon frosting got my heart with the first bite.
Hope you guys will enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
You want more fall recipe inspos? This way!
The creamiest Carrot Coconut Soup you have ever had
No bake Mocha Tart with Hazelnut Crust
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 1/3 cups spelt flour
- 2 1/4 cups finely grated walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soft butter
- 4 medium organic eggs
- 300 g pumpkin peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup cream cold
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- roasted nuts
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 340°F top/bottom heat. Prepare a cake tin (approx. 30x20cm). If necessary, peel the pumpkin and then finely grate it.
- Mix the flour, grated nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a food processor for about 3-4 minutes until foamy. Gradually add the eggs. Beat for another 2 minutes until foamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix coarsely. Then add the shredded pumpkin and the apple juice and mix carefully with a spatula to a homogeneous dough (only as long as necessary).
- Pour the dough into the cake tin and bake for about 40-45 minutes until the surface is slightly golden. (Test with a skewer whether the cake is ready. If the dough still sticks, bake for another 5 minutes). Allow to cool completely.
- Whip the cream and spread with a spatula on the completely cooled cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon and, if you want, roasted nuts. Enjoy.