This blueberry banana bread is not only moist and fluffy at the same time, but above all incredibly delicious! Many blueberries, sweet bananas and a hint of vanilla make this treat irresistibly good.
With loaf cakes there is often the danger that they are too dry. Not so with this blueberry banana bread!
The bananas and the butter provide a soft, moist consistency. And then the blueberries! With 1 3/4 cups I found an ideal quantity for me. I have many blueberries on my fork, but the delicious banana vanilla taste does not go under. You can add more of course if you want to have a next level berry experience. 🙂
Here’s some blueberry banana bread baking tipps for you guys:
- Only use ripe bananas. Like RIPE ones. Those whose peel already has brown spots. You don’t want the floury, firm ones, but the soft, sweet that taste wonderfully of banana.
- The baking time can vary from oven to oven. I recommend that you do a toothpick test after 50 minutes. If it doesn’t come out clean, leave the banana bread in the oven for a few minutes longer. If the surface is already brown enough for your taste, you can put tinder foil on top of it for the remaining baking time. This will allow the cake to continue baking without darkening the surface.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Combine the ingredients only as long as necessary to ensure the right texture.
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries at home, you can also use frozen ones. The baking time will then be extended by a few minutes.
- 1 3/4 cup blueberries are just the right amount for me personally. Of course you can adjust them to your taste.
- The glaze is not a must, BUT highly recommended. The sweet and at the same time sour flavor is incredibly tasty (!!!).
The banana blueberry bread is ideal for the weekend. It’s quick to make and goes well with afternoon coffee, brunch or a cozy picnic on a sunny day.
It also freezes very well. Glaze the cake after thawing then.
Here I have some more delicious berry recipes for you:
The BEST Brownies with Raspberries | flourless
Baked Granola Heart with Yoghurt and Berries
Blueberry Tart with Chocolate Walnut Crust
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oat flour or rolled oats ground to flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Butter at room temperature
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (you can also use frozen ones)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
blueberry banana bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees °F / 170 degrees °C. Prepare a baking tin (21x11cm), greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Mash ripe bananas, set aside. Add flour, oats, nuts, baking powder and salt to a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar with a hand-held mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. Beat in vanilla extract. Add bananas to mixture, mixing until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to banana mixture until just combined. Don’t over-mix. Stir blueberries gently into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Ovens vary so watch carefully.
- Allow to cool completely. Meanwhile combine powdered sugar with lemon juice. Add a few more drops lemon juice if necessary. Glaze the banana blueberry bread with the sugar. Enjoy!