This isn’t just any hummus. It’s a hummus with GRILLED PEPPERS and SUN-DRIED TOMATOES. Caution: You won’t be able (and you won’t want) to stop eating.
Hummus is something so ingenious. All ingredients are simply put into a food processor and a few seconds later you have a healthy meal in front of you.
With this hummus with grilled peppers and sun-dried tomatoes you don’t really need any more time to prepare it, but you have to calculate about 30-40 minutes of grilling time for the peppers in. But trust me, this is so worth it!
The crunchy, fresh pepper strips turn into soft, slightly sweet treats with a delicious roasted aroma and make the hummus irresistibly good.
Then there are the sun-dried tomatoes. Sweet, soft, full of tomato flavor. Mmm. They always remind me of holidays, Tuscany and warm sunshine.
To get the most possible tomato flavor into our hummus I also use the olive oil in which the tomatoes were inlaid. But you can add any other olive oil as well.
Here are a few ways you can enjoy your hummus:
- on fresh brown bread
- in a bowl with rice / quinoa / bulgur, halloumi / tofu / falafel and steamed vegetables
- to salad
- as a dip for vegetable sticks and crackers
- pure spooned from the bowl
- as a snack on rice waffles or crispbread
With these little tips the hummus gets even better:
- Mix, mix, mix. The creamier the consistency, the better.
- If you have the option, let the hummus rest for an hour and taste it again before serving. After the ingredients are combined, you might need some more salt, tomato paste or lemon juice to make it perfect.
- Grill 1-2 peppers more and serve with the hummus. Grilled vegetable strips taste so darn delicious on it!
You’ve now gotten in the mood for hummus? Oh, I can understand you!
Have a look at these recipes here: