Golden Coconut Maple Granola – it’s crunchy, sweet but not too sweet, with a hint of salt and is quick and easy to prepare. The coconut maple granola tastes great with milk, yoghurt, as a topping on a smoothie bowl or simply as a snack.
I am doing an imaginary hula hula happy dance right now because I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys. This granola is SO SO GOOD.
“Mmm. I think this is the best granola I’ve made so far”, I think to myself as I clean up my setup from taking pictures. Half of the sheet is already eaten away by me.
“Honey, would you like to eat the bowl of coconut maple granola I just photographed?”
I don’t get that answer too often. Unlike me, my sweetheart tends to be more the savory, salty snack guy and my sweet recipes don’t excite him too much.
“I think this is the best granola you’ve ever made.”
24 hours later, it was all gone.
That’s why we have a golden coconut maple granola crush:
- It is crunchy. It is actually SUPER crunchy.
- It’s loaded with great flavors like coconut, caramelized maple syrup and a hint of salt. Do NOT forget the salt. It makes the granola from good to amazing. Trust me.
- It tastes great with milk, yoghurt, chia pudding, our current favourite breakfast smoothie and it is a super tasty snack.
- It’s completely refined sugar free.
The coconut granola is not only tasty, but consists of only a few ingredients and is prepared within five minutes. Not lying.
Each of the ingredients is essential.
- Oats – the basis. Nothing works without them. I prefer to use fine oat flakes. With these the crunchy clusters become extra large at the end.
- Coconut chips – one of the three coconut components.
- Coconut oil – this is mainly responsible that the ingredients combine well. It also makes the granola crunchy.
- Coconut flour – tripple coconut! LOVE LOVE LOVE. The flour holds the ingredients better together. If you don’t have coconut flour at home, you can alternatively grind the same amount of oats and use it instead.
- Maple syrup – my favourite sweetener for granola. It gives it a wonderful caramel taste.
- Cashews – the more crunch the better, right?
- Salt – this ingredient is a MUST! It makes the granola complete.
All I have left to say:
Try this golden coconut maple granola! It’s an absolute good-mood food.
You are a granola lover? Here are more recipes for you:
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flour melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F top/bottom heat. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add oat flakes, cashews, coconut chips, coconut flour, salt and cardamom to a large bowl and stir.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup onto the dry ingredients and stir everything well. Spread the mixture on the baking paper and press down lightly with your hands or a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the granola has slightly coloured. Then turn off the oven, open the oven door for a few seconds so that some heat escapes. Then close the door again and let the granola "dry" for another 30 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the tray without breaking it into pieces. As soon as its cold you can break it in those nice, big clusters.