These cardamom overnight oats
- are super creamy
- quick to maker
- made from delicious, healthy ingredients that will save your life in the morning when you don’t have time for anything.
Ok, saving your life may be a bit exaggerated, but they are guaranteed to keep you in a good mood and keep you fed up until lunch.
All you have to the night before is do bring all the ingredients (except the yogurt) to a boil and put them in the fridge overnight. In the morning you stir in the yogurt and either eat it at home or pour it into a glass and take it to work.
This recipe is one of my most favorite for Overnight Oats. I like to use fine-leaved oat flakes because they provide an extra creamy consistency with the perfect ratio to the liquid ingredients.
Another reason why I like these cardamom overnight oats A LOOOT (!!!) is because they are made so uncomplicated. Simply mix all the ingredients together and heat once. That’s it.
By boiling the oats and set them aside overnight, they are made more tolerable for your stomach. Another plus!
Tips for some extra creaminess
- As mentioned above, cardamom overnight oats become creamiest when you use fine-leaved oat flakes. But any oats will work.
- The ratio of oat milk, water and yoghurt ensures that the oats become soft and almost melt on the tongue.
Top top top it!
The cardamom overnight oats are very tasty in themselves. But they reach an even better taste level if you serve them with toppings. You can use whatever you want. Here are some of my favorites:
- fresh berries
- grated apple
- coconut flakes
- chia seeds
- cacao nibs
- roasted nuts
- homemade jam
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 minutes|
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/3 cups oat milk or almond milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- Put oat flakes, oat milk, water, cardamom, maple syrup and salt in a pot. Bring to a boil once. Switch back to medium heat and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool briefly.
- Pour into a bowl or jar and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Stir in the natural yoghurt before eating.
- Serve with fresh berries.