This chocolate smoothie is incredibly creamy, chocolaty, and loaded with energy-giving ingredients.
Not only does it taste delicious, but it gets full points in the healthy ingredient category too!
Here’s what’s in the chocolate smoothie:
- WATER – The base. Use cold, filtered water for this smoothie.
- DATES – They not only provide the right sweetness, but also bring lots of vitamins and healthy ingredients!
- UNSWEETENED CACAO POWDER – The cocoa powder makes the smoothie wonderfully chocolaty. Even more, it is said that its ingredients make you happy and create a good mood. 🙂
- CASHEWS – They make the smoothie nice and creamy and give it a great texture.
- CARDAMOM – Oh, I loveee this spice. You guys too? It tastes so good and goes great with the cocao and the sweet dates.
- CHILI – Not too much, not too little. Just the right amount. Chili makes the smoothie slightly spicy and hot. It also revs up our metabolism and gives us a decent energy boost. It’s optional, of course, and can easily be left out. Especially if the chocolate smoothie is served to children, you should do without it!
A pretty clear, unspectacular ingredient list, don’t you think? BUT all together make an insanely creamy, delicious and healthy chocolate smoothie!!
And this is NOT in it:
- Refined sugar
- Unhealthy fats
- Bananas (I really like bananas and use them regularly in dishes and smoothies. However, I keep hearing that some of you guys don’t like the taste or the texture, so this time they are not included in this recipe).
Tips & tricks for a perfect chocolate smoothie:
- Either use very soft medjool dates or soak the dates in water before making. If you soak them you have the option of placing them in cold water overnight or pouring hot water over them about 15 minutes before making the smoothie. The water in which the dates are soaked is then discarded and not used in the smoothie.
- Blend the smoothie for at least a full minute, or two at best. The longer you blend it, the finer the ingredients will be and, of course, the creamier your smoothie will be.
- Dose the chili carefully. Start with just a little bit and do not add too much. Taste the smoothie and add more if you want.
- The chocolate smoothie is made in only 3 minutes, but it can also be prepared the day before. If you don’t drink it immediately, store in the fridge and use within two days.
- The chocolate smoothie is ideal as breakfast or as a healthy snack for in between.