Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha Roll – The chocolaty sponge cake is wonderfully fluffy and soft. The coffee cream is quickly mixed together from only a few ingredients and is simply a wonderful accompaniment.
This chocolate hazelnut mocha roll is perfect if you are expecting a spontaneous visitor or don’t have much time to bake.
This soft biskuit roll, as we call it in Austria, is
- soft and fluffy
- chocolatey, with just the right amount of mocha
- made out of only a few ingredients
- quickly prepared
- a perfect last minute dessert
This is how your CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT MOCHA ROLL will turn out perfect:
- Give the yolk-sugar mixture time to stir. At least 6-8 minutes. The creamier this mixture is, the softer your sponge cake will be. And soft, fluffy sponge cake = many happy faces. 🙂
- It is important that you carefully place the baked sponge cake while still hot on a fresh tea towel sprinkled with icing sugar and roll it up immediately. This way the sponge does not break and you get the typical sponge roll. If the cake has already cooled down, you cannot roll it up any more.
- The sponge cake must be completely cooled down before you fill it with the mocha cream. Otherwise the cream melts.
- Use the cream directly from the fridge, as cold as possible. This way you get the best consistency. You could also save yourself the time of cooling the chocolate mocha roll and serve the delicious dessert immediately. YAY!
- If you don’t feel like mocha flavor, you can use a sweetened cocoa powder instead of the instant coffee powder in the cream, thus making the sponge roll double chocolate. Not too bad either. 😉
The chocolate hazelnut mocha roll tastes best fresh, briefly cooled in the refrigerator. Since this recipe is so uncomplicated, you can prepare it at relatively short notice. So you have the guarantee that the sponge cake is wonderfully soft and fluffy and the mocha filling cold and creamy. Mmm.
Chocolate and coffee, a match in heaven! I hope you guys will love this recipe as much as I do.
Happy baking and ENJOY!