Brownie Energy Balls the perfect thing for the little hunger in between. The healthy snack tastes chocolaty and incredibly delicious.
The preparation takes not even ten minutes. Means you will have a healthy sweet ready to hand in the fridge in no time at all. These little energy boosters are also ideal for on the go, to bring to work or as a healthy treat for kids.
That’s what’s in the Brownie Energy Balls:
- Dates – I used “regular” soft dates and not (extra soft, large) Medjool dates. If you use Medjool dates, you may need a little more nuts as the dough will be softer.
- Nuts – There is a mixture of cashews and walnuts in these energy balls. Both are full of vitamins and healthy ingredients. You can easily substitute the nuts with others. Hazelnuts, almonds, even peanuts. Go wild! 🙂
- Cocoa Powder – The (unsweetened) cocoa powder provides a delicious chocolate flavor and is full of healthy ingredients.
- Cinnamon & Salt – Both provide a harmonious blend of ingredients.
- Coconut Oil – Optional. Depending on which dates you use, it may be necessary to add some more “glue” to the mixture. 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil work very well for this.
You can leave the Brownie Energy Balls plain or roll them in cocoa powder or coconut oil at the end.
A little note: If you decide to use cocoa powder, be aware that it gets a little moist quickly, which can make your fingers chocolaty when you touch them. If you don’t want that, just leave them PUR or roll them in shredded coconut. 🙂
You want more recipes for snacks? This way:
- Easy Peasy Almond Bliss Balls
- the BEST chocolate chip banana bread
- moist banana bread tahini muffins