This crispy granola heart with yoghurt and fresh berries is the perfect addition to the upcoming Mother’s Day brunch. It is made in a very short time, needs only a few ingredients and is guaranteed to make the mother’s heart beat faster. 🙂
It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday. The day on which the moms should be spoiled especially. Flowers, chocolate, cakes, poets, hugs & kisses – they deserve all and a lot of it!
One of the probably most popular Mother’s Day rituals is a cosy brunch with flowers and a looot of delicious food.
One thing with shouldn’t be missing is this crunchy granola heart with yoghurt and fresh berries.
It’s simple and incredibly uncomplicated, super tasty and a pretty eye-catcher on the table.
If you don’t have a heart shape at home, you can of course bake the Granola in a round or square shape as well. Tastes just as good 😉
Then simply put a heart with the berries and et voila – you have the same cute effect.
The ingredients for the baked granola are mixed in a bowl and then pressed firmly into the mould. After approx. 25 minutes baking time it is ready.
Here are some helpful tips for you:
- Put half of the oats in a blender and grind finely. This will hold the rest of the ingredients better together.
- Bake the granola heart (the granola circle, the granola square,… – insert what suits you) the day before or even a few days before. You can store in in an airtight container up to 2 weeks!
- After baking it is important that you allow the granola to cool completely before taking it out of shape. Otherwise it could break because the granola will be soft when still warm.
- For a chocolate version add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the dough.
Last but not least: Don’t forget the most important ingredient: Love 🙂
Have a wonderful day with your loved ones!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
piece (approx. 18x15cm)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- your favorite yoghurt
- fresh berries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Prepare a baking tin (e.g. a heart, approx. 18x15 cm). If not coated, grease with a little melted coconut oil.
- Pour half of the oats into a blender and mix for a few seconds until fine.
- Mix whole and grated oat flakes, shredded coconut, chia seeds, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a bowl until well combined. Eventually add 1-2 tbsp plant based milk if it is not sticky enough. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared mould, also along the edge.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the granola is slightly brown. Allow to cool completely in the mould to avoid that it beaks.
- Before serving, fill with yoghurt and decorate with fresh berries and icing sugar.
- Tipp: The baked granola is kept in a closed container for at least 1-2 weeks.