Cinnamon pear donuts aka the softest and tastiest donuts, which you will have eaten for a long time. And the best: they are baked!
I know that there are people like my sister who say that donuts are only real donuts if they get their tan by frying them.
Sure, they are good. Really good. They are slightly crispy on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside and at best covered with a delicious icing.
You suspect what I’m getting at? Exactly! These BAKED Cinnamon Pear Donuts are nothing short of the whole thing! Quite the opposite! You also save yourself the frying procedure!
The small pear pieces in the dough go incredibly well with the cinnamon and maple syrup glaze and make them incredibly moist and soft.
If you don’t have a donut pan, I highly recommend to get one. (I have THIS baking pan and I am super satisfied with it.)
Without it you’d have to fill the dough into muffin forms. That’s it then with the sweet little circles and the philosophizing, where the famous donut holes go to, if you remove the ring all around…
WITH the pan though you’ll get perfectly formed donuts every time and you avoid all this fried-food-guilt-thing. Also you have the possibility to bake a batch at any time.
Did I mention how fast and easy they are to make? The preparation takes a maximum of 10 minutes. After another 15 minutes in the oven and 10 minutes of patience until they cool down, you’ll have the softest and tastiest cinnamon pear donuts on your plate in just a bit more than half an hour!
The donuts were gone in a few hours. Not kidding.
My sister even said they were one of the best things I’ve baked lately. And she really tried a lot of things of mine. I’m just saying pumpkin pie with cinnamon cream, chocolate chestnut tart, or – my still favourite dessert – chocolate hazelnut cake with pears!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 60 g whole grain flour
- 60 g almond or cashew flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- 40 g Butter
- 40 g greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small pear
- 100 g confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
Cinnamon Pear Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 170°C top/bottom heat. Coarsely chop the nuts for topping and put them in the oven for a few minutes until they start to smell. Take them out and let them cool.
- Grease a donut pan for 8 pieces of "normal sized" donuts. (If you don't have a donut pan, you can also use the dough for muffins. The baking time will then be a little longer.)
- Wash the pear, cut in half, core it and cut it into small cubes (approx. 4 mm in size). Melt the butter, but do not let it get too hot.
- Combine flour, cashew flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Put the egg, yoghurt and melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. Fold in the pear pieces.
- Pour the dough into a piping bag of at least Ø 1.5 cm and inject into the donut moulds. Bake in the preheated oven for 13-17 minutes until the surface is slightly golden. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool briefly. Then carefully remove the donuts and let them cool down completely.
- For the glaze, mix the icing sugar with the maple syrup and the milk. If necessary, add a little more milk (0.5 - 1 tbsp) if the glaze is to become more liquid. Brush the donuts with a brush. Sprinkle with the nuts. Enjoy!