A quick avocado toast with tomatoes and herb garlic oil is the perfect lunch on days when you don’t have much time to prepare a meal.
The crunchy toast goes wonderfully with the creamy avocado, juicy cherry tomatoes and herb oil.
This toast is quick to prepare, healthy, and tastes insanely delicious despite or especially because of the simple ingredients.
It makes a great lunch, as well as an energy-boosting snack or a highlight for brunch.
Make double or triple the amount of the herb oil right away.
IT IS SO GOOD.
It will keep in the fridge for at least a week and you can serve it with many different dishes.
Try it for example with
- grilled vegetables with halloumi or feta cheese
- as a dip with a crusty baguette and anti pasti
- as a topping on a summer tomato soup or a gazpacho
Maybe you even have already all the ingredients at home!
The herbs and garlic oil
It consists of only 4 ingredients and is made in less than 5 minutes!
What’s in it?
Fresh herbs – use your favorite selection for this. I find that basil is not only one of the most delicious herbs on the planet (!), but it just goes perfectly with the tomatoes and avocado. That’s why I came up with about 2/3 basil and 1/3 a mix of thyme and dill.
Can I also use frozen herbs for the oil?
Yes, you can! But if you have the option of using fresh ones, I recommend those. They are unbeatable in taste.
- Olive oil – It’s best to use cold pressed, high quality oil.
- Garlic – I love garlic. Do you? Very good. 🙂 If not, just leave it out.
The longer the ingredients steep in the oil, the more intense it will taste. Ideally, you prepare it about 1-2 hours before using it.
Of course, you can also enjoy it directly, too.
Whether for breakfast, as a snack or for lunch, enjoy this delicious avocado toast with tomatoes and herb garlic oil any day of the week!
Have fun making it and feasting!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 hand full fresh herbs (alternative frozen) basil, thyme, dill
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 big slices sourdough toast
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 2 hand full cherry tomatoes
- pinch of pepper
- fresh her s for garnish
- 1/2 lemon
herb garlic oil
- Finely chop the herbs. Peel the garlic and chop finely as well.
- Mix herbs, garlic, salt and oil. Place in the refrigerator until you wanna serve it (up to 7 days).
- Toast the toasts. Wash and halve the tomatoes. Cut the avocados in half, pit them and remove the avocado with a large spoon. Cut into cubes or thin slices.
- Place 1/2 avocado on each slice of toast. Drizzle with a little lemon juice. Spread a few tomatoes on top. Drizzle with about 2 teaspoons of herb oil on top. Garnish with some grated black pepper and fresh herbs and serve.