This avocado spinach hummus is creamy, healthy and incredibly tasty. It tastes good on toasts, in sandwiches, salads, as a dip with crackers or vegetable sticks or simply pure. YUM!
Hummus is something I could have in the fridge 365 days a year. And I kinda do. It’s not just packed with HEALTHY ingredients, but it’s SOOO good.
And best of all, it’s ready in less than 10 minutes!
If I don’t have much time in the morning for making myself a breakfast, I just have to open the fridge and spread a toast with hummus. Maybe put some cucumber slices and pepper on it and tataaa!- within pretty much seconds I have a satisfying sandwich that lets me start the day well.
The avocado spinach hummus is also an IDEAL SNACK for in between. On rice waffles or crispbread, with vegetable sticks or directly from the bowl spooned. Mmm.
It goes well with lunch or dinner in salads, bowls or as a dip with fish and oven roasted vegetables.
And in the evening, when you’re watching a movie, you can eat it with bread sticks or crackers.
As you can see, it is delicious 24/7.
This is how the avocado spinach hummus will turn out extra creamy:
- Mix it long in the food processor. For at least 3 minutes. If you think it’s creamy enough, mix it for another minute. That way the ingredients combine perfectly and it gets nice and smooth.
- Use a RIPE, soft avocado. That’s super important.
It is ideal if you let it ripen at home (at room temperature). This will ensure a green, soft avocado without the annoying pressure spots. Note, however, that the ripening process can take up to five days. TIP: If you store avocados together with apples, they will ripen faster.
- If the avocado spinach hummus is too firm for you, add some more water or olive oil. This will help you regulate the consistency.
If you have made this or any other recipe from Flowers in the Salad, send me a message! I can’t wait to hear from you.
Also have a look at my Instagram or Pinterest Channel! Here you’ll find many more tasty inspirations.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 2 1/2 cups can chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Tahin
- 1 garlic glove
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Drain and rinse the cans of chickpeas. Squeeze the lemon.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until everything is smooth, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed. Serve with olive oil, sesame seeds and fresh herbs.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within 3 days.