These fruity AMAZING lemon bars are refreshing and irresistibly good. They are made out of just a few ingredients and are quick and easy to prepare. The perfect summer dessert on the patio, for a picnic or for the barbecue invitation on the weekend.
These lemon bars deserve their own song – they are so good.
Like soooooo good!!
The shortbread crust is slightly crispy and melts on the tongue at the same time. It tastes deliciously of butter and goes perfectly with lemon layer.
The lemon cream has a sticky, pudding-like consistency and will make you wanna eat piece after pice. Non stop.
I have a pretty sweet tooth. Kinda obvious.
Usually I prefer everything CHOCOLATE. Chocolate cookies, chocolate cake, chocolate mousse. Chocolate is almost unrivaled at the top of my soulfood list since I can think.
But guys. THESE LEMON BARS!!! They did something to me I can’t explain. All I can say is that chocolate is not my only crush anymore. I am absolutely crazy about these lemon bars!
That’s why you’ll love them just as much as I do:
- They are made out of not only one but TWO delicious layers: shortbread and lemon pudding. Crusty, flaky, buttery crust meets sticky, sweet’n fresh lemon layer. DROOL. Their texture is a dream.
- Their texture makes them ideal to take away for a barbecue, picnic or the office. No cream, no melting chocolate, no mess.
- The lemon bars are quick and easy to make and last refridgerated for up to 5 days. So you can ideally bake them ahead and simply grab them out of the fridge the next day.
- They are refreshingly delicious and a nice alternativ to chocolate desserts.
The AMAZING lemon bars are really easy to make but with these little tips they will become PERFECT:
- Use juice from freshly squeezed lemons. Yes, you can also buy it bottled in the supermarket, but you will get the fresh, fruity taste from fresh lemons only.
- Make sure that you do not over bake the bars. You want a sticky lemon layer and a flaky crust. They are perfect when the middle doesn’t wiggle anymore.
- Allow the baked lemon bars to cool in the mould and remove them from the tin after they have cooled down in the fridge for at least an hour.
I hope you will give these irresistible lemon bars a try. You will not regret it!!
More desire for lemon recipes? This way: